- See one of our trained members of staff who can advise you on products and ideas.
- Once you have seen a product you like, ask a Liaison to place an order for you.
- Alternatively, you can telephone or email an order through.
- An order is only processed on receipt of deposit payment.
UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE TO ORDER:
- If you are selecting upholstered furniture please check carefully on how to order, read through the important delivery information, and terms contained once an order has been placed.
- The Upholstered products you order, including furniture, will be made in accordance to the instructions and specifications you have discussed with us.
- Details of your order should be checked by yourself and confirmed as correct when your order is placed, and signed for by you (We do not hold ourselves responsible for any incorrect orders placed.)
ACCEPTANCE OF ORDER:
- Your order becomes binding as soon as we have accepted it. Once your order has been accepted we reserve the right to cancel an order in circumstances which are beyond our reasonable control.
METHODS OF PAYMENT:
- We accept credit and debit cards, as well as SHF gift vouchers.
- For furniture and upholstered furniture orders, a deposit of 50% is required at the time of order. The balance must be made by the above payment methods before delivery is made.
- For all other products, payment must be made in full before leaving a SHF store.
- All delivery charges, including postage, must be paid in full at the time of payment made for the order or purchase.
- The product remains the property of SHF until payment is complete.
CANCELLATIONS, RETURNS & REFUNDS:
- We reserve the right to cancel an order.
- When returning a product, you must provide proof of purchase, the product must be unused, and in the condition you received it. The product may be exchanged for other items as no refunds will be made.
- If you wish for us to collect the product, contact the store where you placed your order, or made the purchase. We reserve the right to charge you for this service, as this contributes towards the cost of administration and collection.
- In the unlikely event that you should need to amend or cancel an order, you have the right to do so at any time up to 24 hours after we have accepted your order by contacting the store where you placed your order.
- Upholstered products or made to order products cannot be returned after you have received them unless defective.
- In the unlikely event of a defective product, please contact the store where you purchased it within 48 hours of receiving the product.
- Please discontinue the use of this product if you have identified a problem and phone the store where the order was placed for necessary further steps.
- Defective products are under discretion from the company and once a decision has been made this is final.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights in the unlikely event that the goods do not meet a standard required by law.
- Some of our delivery vehicles are large - please check that they can gain access with the Liaison on doing your payment.
- Deliveries requiring special arrangements can sometimes be made but will be at additional cost to you.
- Overseas deliveries can be arranged. Please talk to a Liaison who will arrange for quotes etc.
- You may collect your own order from a store free of charge.
- Delivery charges will be quoted to you when or soon after we receive your order. If you are not sure please ask a Consultant. No deliveries are free.
- We cannot guarantee delivery to all countries or locations.
- Delivery charges are payable in full along with any order deposit at the time of placing your order, and are per delivery.
- Specific delivery times cannot be made or agreed to at the time of order.
- We do not offer storage facilities, and therefore reserve the right to charge you for storage costs, if you are unable to accept your delivery. (See Storage)
- On delivery, a two or three person crew will arrive, and deliver to the room of your choice, provided there is a safe or acceptable access. Please assist us by clearing pathways and removing ornaments etc that might get in the way. We are not responsible for any form of breakage or damage.
- Packaging is normally removed and taken away unless you request us not to do so.
- A limited assembly service is available for certain products and we may charge you for this service. This must be arranged when the delivery is booked. (Please speak to a Liaison.)
- A delivery crew will not attempt delivery where damages may occur, neither will they remove doors or windows, or reconnect electrical equipment.
- An adult must be available to sign and acknowledge receipt of the product, and that it is in a satisfactory condition.
- If on completion of your order you are not able to receive it, SHF will be willing to store it for you for a maximum period of 4 weeks after the delivery date at no extra charge. SHF will not be held responsible for possible damage to your furniture while in storage and we suggest that you either arrange alternate storage or notify us in good time of your predicament and we will make the necessary arrangements to store it for you. If your order remains in storage at Sutherlands for longer than the agreed 8 week period, you will be charged a monthly storage fee of 10% of your invoice.
- We carry the risk of loss or damage until you receive your product.
- Until payment is complete, the product remains the property of SHF.
- The frame, construction and spring of all our upholstered furniture have a 5-year warranty. We do not guarantee fabrics. Contact your nearest gallery if you have any questions.
- Certain beds are not suitable for children under the age of 6 because of entrapment or height hazards. Advice should be sought from staff before purchasing.
- All SHF beds are made to international standards. All beds are made to standard mattress sizes. Oversize and pillowtop mattresses are not catered for in SHF bed designs. We do not hold ourselves responsible for the client's mattress not fitting into a SHF bed.
COLOUR DESCRIPTIONS & UNIQUE FEATURES:
- While every effort is made to ensure that the product you buy, including fabric or leather corresponds as closely to the sample shown in our stores, there might be chance that they are not identical. We regret that no responsibility can be accepted for variations which all add to the unique features of SHF products.
- Most genuine leathers vary in markings which adds to its unique feature.
- Shades might vary from one printing batch to another.
- Fabric patterns and colour dye lots might differ. We do not hold ourselves responsible.
- Certain leathers might have shade variations, and the blemishes found in leather are unique of natural markings and are not defects or weaknesses
- Scratches and marks may occur through everyday use: these will age and over time add to the feature of a classic Sutherlands product.
- Most of our furniture products are individually hand-finished & therefore there will be some slight differences between orders.
- Some of our furniture products are hand-finished to look 'old' or 'distressed'. These finishes vary from product to product and is a unique design and not a defective product.
- All measurements are approximate.
- At times it may be necessary to make changes to specifications of our products, we reserve the right to make such changes.
- Every effort is made to ensure the information provided is correct.
- SHF cannot be held responsible for any form of misprint or defect.
- Unless any applicable law prescribes otherwise, any agreement made with
- SHF to buy a product or a connected service, shall be governed by the law applicable to the jurisdiction in which an offer to buy a product is accepted.
- 'Made to measure' - product altered or made to measure to your specifications.
- 'Product'- Any SHF goods, sold out of a SHF store. i.e: furniture, smalls, couches, lamps, bedspreads etc.
- 'You' - means one of our customers
- 'We', 'Us', 'Our' - means your local SHF.